Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Department of Sociology

College of Social Sciences and Public Policy

Get More Than A Degree

Connect with the College


Advising for freshman and sophomore undergraduates is conducted in the Associate Dean’s Office for the College of Social Sciences, Rooms 101 and 106 Bellamy Building. Contact information for advisors in the Associate Dean’s office is below. Dean Graham Kinloch addresses advising issues such as reinstatement, probation, and so forth for all undergraduates (freshman through senior). In order to officially declare the sociology major, please meet with an advisor in the Associate Dean’s Office.

Undergraduate advising for junior and senior sociology majors (60+ credit hours) takes place in the Sociology Department. For general advising, please contact Kim McClellan (contact information is below). Dr. Lisa Munson, Director of Undergraduate Studies, will oversee general advising and meet with students who request course substitutions and course equivalencies and matters other than general advising for junior and senior sociology majors.

NOTE:  If your major is in another college, for example, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education, College of Social Work, College of Business, etc., please contact an advisor in that college. Students who have not declared a major should contact the WJB Advising Center in 106 William Johnston (850-645-2847). Call or visit Advising First for more information, A3200 University Center (850-644-3430).

The College of Social Sciences & Public Policy offers the following undergraduate degree programs: African-American Studies, Asian Studies, Economics, Environmental Studies, Geography, Interdisciplinary Social Science, International Affairs, Political Science, Russian & East European Studies, and Sociology.