Public Health Student Association (PHSA)
The Public Health Student Association focuses on current graduate students and alumni of the Master’s in Public Health Program at Florida State University, as well as, undergraduates interested in learning about public health. This student group provides opportunities and the tools necessary for our graduates to be successful through the awareness of internships, education of various public-health related topics, and community service projects on and off camp.
The Public Health Student Association mission is to increase awareness of public health-related concerns and policies as well as facilitate and enhance the health status of Florida State University students, faculty, and its surrounding community by tackling, designing, and implementing the necessary changes to ensure a healthy future for our targeted populations.
We have a presence on Facebook as well. Check it out!
The MPH faculty and students are involved in a number of projects that are helpful to the community and advance the goals of public health.
Some previous projects include:
- Take a Loved One for a Check-up Day
- Volunteered with the Department of Health to organize and staff this event
- Just For Men Health Awareness
- Great American Smokeout
- Hosted a table at the event on FSU Union Green on FSU’s Campus
- Life Deliverance Church Women’s Conference
- Go Red Think Pink Seminar
- Minority Health Screenings
- Grace Mission Church Health Clinic
- A Monthly clinic where MPH students could volunteer to do health screenings and health assessments
- Bethany Mobile Health Unit Health Education & Services
- Downtown Getdown
- Volunteered at the Department of Health table
- ‘Well Workplace’ by Working Well
- A table setup at the North Florida Fair, hosted by the Department of Health
- Florida Environmental Health Association’s Big Bend District Roadside Cleanup
- Corporate Cup
- Spear the Flu
- Students Working Against Tobacco Presentation on E-Cigarettes
- FSU PHSA/Madison Social Breast Cancer Awareness Shirt
- Center for Health Advocacy & Wellness’ Love Your Body Initiative
- Annual Thanksgiving Basket Drive
- Ronald McDonald House Charities 20th Annual Stone Crab Fest
- The Little Event
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
- Tallahassee Turkey Trot