Combined BS/MPH Program Page
The combined Bachelor/Master program allows academically talented students the opportunity to acquire their MPH degree in a shorter time.
Qualified students in any undergraduate major, who are accepted into the combined degree program, may take up to 12 credits of graduate courses in MPH curriculum. The maximum hours allowed to transfer to the MPH program is 12 credits. The hours may also count towards the overall 120 hours needed for the bachelor’s degree (with approval from major/academic dean). To be eligible to transfer credit to the MPH program, the student must attain a “B” or higher in each course. Any grade lower than a “B” will be ineligible to transfer for MPH credit.
Admission into the BS/MPH Pathway does NOT grant admission into the Master of Public Health Program. This program is designed to allow undergraduate students to take graduate level coursework. You would still need to take the GRE, and apply to the program by the appropriate deadlines.
Must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Minimum 3.25 GPA and minimum GRE score between 148 – 160 on the verbal and quantitative portions of the exam ) orminimum 3.5 GPA (GRE waived for combined, but still required for graduate school application)
- 90 credit hours of completed coursework
- Two semesters (24 hours) at FSU
- 1 page paper showing intent and interest in program
- Instructor permission for each course
- Meet with graduate coordinator to discuss course availability
If you are eligible and would like to participate, please contact the Public Health Academic Program Specialist to discuss the process and class options.
A complete list of programs and information can be found on the website of The Graduate School: http://gradschool.fsu.edu/academics-research/degree-programs/combined-degree-programs