MPH Admissions Requirements
We are excited that you are planning to take the first step to become a Florida State Seminole!
The graduate application is available online here – Apply today! https://admissions.fsu.edu/gradapp/
- Fall Semester: July 1st
- Spring Semester: Novemeber 1st
- Summer Semester: N/A *no summer admission
- Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- A minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0) in all work attempted while registered as an upper-division undergraduate student (the semester you earn 60 credit hours).
- GRE scores with a percentile ranking of 50 or higher on the verbal, quantitative, and writing sections. This equates to about 150 in both the verbal and quantitative portions and a 4 in the writing section.
*GRE SCORES ARE WAIVED UNTIL FALL 2022*
Statement of Purpose
Minimum 1 page, Times New Roman, 12pt font, double-spaced
Prompt: Explain your career and education goals; Applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria are still eligible to apply and encouraged to address these issues in their statement of purpose.
We strongly encourage applicants to utilize the resume writing tips provided by the Florida State University Career Center: https://career.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu746/files/Resume%20Writing.pdf
*GRE scores are waived until Fall 2022.
Spring 2023 applicants and on will be required to submit scores for admissions.
GRE scores (unofficial) can be reported on your application for an admission decision. You only need to send your official GRE scores IF you were to be admitted AND choose to attend.
Florida State University’s test code: 5219
**We accept LSAT, GMAT, MCAT, or MAT in place of GRE
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants should have one academic and one professional recommendation letter. The applicant may use two professional letters if the applicant has been out of academia for more than 5 years.
Academic: This is a recommender who can attest to the applicant’s abilities by direct supervision in the classroom, explain the applicant’s qualifications for the program, and/or ability to be successful in a graduate degree program.
Professional: This is a recommender who can attest to the applicant’s abilities outside the classroom, explain the applicant’s qualifications for the program, and/or ability to be successful in a graduate degree program.
Please upload your unofficial transcripts to your application. We do NOT need official transcripts to make an admission decision. You only need to send your official transcripts IF you were to be admitted AND choose to attend.
Transcripts are only considered official if they are received directly by Florida State by the sending university and/or college.
We recommend that you have official transcripts sent to FSU electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is not an option, you may submit an official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college and/or university attended directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Please note that there may be a delay in processing transcripts that are sent via mail.
Office of Graduate Admissions address for submitting Official Transcripts:
Florida State University
Office of Graduate Admissions
314 Westcott Bldg.
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1410
Those international applicants whose native language is not English will need to submit an English proficiency exam.
Approved minimum scores:
- TOEFL (IBTOEFL): 80
- Paper based TOEFL (TOEFL): 550
- International English Language Testing System (Academic IELTS): 6.5
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 55
- Michigan Language Assessment (MLA): 55
- Duolingo: 120
- Cambridge C1 Advanced Level or C2 Proficiency: 180
- FSU CIES: Successful completion of Level 8
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator, 850-644-4418