Qualified students can earn academic credit for an internship in public service organizations or government-related offices or agencies. Responsibility for finding an appropriate internship position rests with the student. Interns are expected to do useful, professional staff work and are not to function as clerks, runners, typists, receptionists, etc. To be eligible for credit, an internship must run the full semester; summer internships, the 13-week session.
Those seeking credit under Political Science (POS4941) must have completed at least 60 hours; 15 of those with a C- or better in political science, including POS3713; and a GPA of 3.0 overall or in political science courses. Political Science internships must be government-related.
No student will be permitted internship credit in their first semester, or when they are on probation. Political Science minors cannot count Political Science internship credits toward their minor requirements.
For additional information on the Political Science internship program, contact internship program director Dr. Amanda Driscoll at email@example.com. For additional assistance in locating or securing an internship opportunity, contact the FSU Career Center at career.fsu.edu.
Once you have secured an internship, to apply for academic credit, complete the internship application forms and have your job supervisor read the letter addressed to them and complete their portion of forms. Return both forms to the Academic Coordinator in the Department of Political Science (Elisa Kuchvalek, 533 Bellamy, firstname.lastname@example.org). No application will be accepted after the third day of classes of the term in which the internship is being done. The Department reserves the right to limit the number of students allowed to undertake internship credits.
- Executive Office of the Governor
- Florida Legislative Employment
- Florida House Intern Programs
- Florida Senate Internships
- Florida Gubernatorial Fellow Program
- Florida Supreme Court Public Outreach Internship
- Florida Attorney General’s Office
- U.S. Senators Offices
- Leon County Government Internships
- Florida PIRG
- FSU Chapter Internships
- James Madison Institute Internships
- White House Internships
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
- The Washington Center (Liaison Contact: Dr. Bradley Kile – email@example.com)
- Washington Intern Study Experience (WiSE) by WISH
- Republican Governors Association
- Democratic Governors Association
- U.S. State Department Student Programs
- U.S. Departments of Justice, Treasury, Labor, Commerce, Energy, Education, Housing and Urban Development, Transportation, and Homeland Security Programs
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Congressional Black Caucus Student Internship
- EU Washington Delegation Internship
- Charles Koch Institute – Koch Institute Program
- FSU International Programs Internships
- Social Sciences Internships Abroad via GoAbroad.com
- World Endeavors