I am a Professor in the Department of Geography at Florida State University. My research and teaching interests are in transportation, geographic information systems and science, urban-regional analysis, and sustainability. My current research is in the following interrelated areas:
- Urban commuting and land use relationships
- Aging populations and their transportation needs
- Measuring accessibility to goods, health services, and opportunities
- Optimization and network analysis in GIS
- Disaster relief, evacuation, and sheltering
- Space-time modeling and mobile object tracking
I am actively recruiting new graduate students with overlapping research interests. Students wishing to learn more about graduate studies and research opportunities at FSU may view this link.