Honors in the Major Program gives you the opportunity to graduate with honors recognition in your major by writing an original thesis with a faculty mentor. A research project can be a valuable way to explore your interests, learn how research is conducted in the social sciences, and deepen your knowledge. It also can be an important way for you to distinguish yourself for graduate school, professional school, the job market, or other post-graduation competitive endeavors.
For an ISS major, this is an opportunity to:
- examine a topic or social issue by considering it from various perspectives
- apply interdisciplinary social science concepts and theories
- collect data and conduct analysis
To learn more about the program, please take a look at these resources:
- Honors in the Major Presentation by Honors Program faculty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq9lRKts-2I&t=2s
- Honors in the Major Overview: https://honors.fsu.edu/honors
- Honors in the Major Handbook, Forms, and Resources: https://honors.fsu.edu/honors-major/honors-major-handbook-forms-and-resources
If you have any questions or want to discuss possible ideas, please contact ISS faculty, Dr. Radha Modi (firstname.lastname@example.org).