We are excited that you are planning to take the first step to becoming a Florida State Seminole!
The graduate application is available online here: https://admissions.fsu.edu/gradapp/
- Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. Institution, or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- A minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0) in all work attempted while registered as an upper-division undergraduate student (the semester you earn 60 credit hours).
- GRE scores with a percentile ranking of 50 or higher on the verbal, quantitative, and writing sections. This equates to about 150 in both the verbal and quantitative portions, and a 4 in the writing section
- Statement of Purpose explaining career and educational goals (Minimum 1 page)
- Official and verified GRE Scores (Florida State University’s test code is 5219)
*We will accept LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, or MAT in place of GRE*
- Two letters of recommendation: letter should provide explanation on the applicant’s qualifications for the program and ability to be successful in a master level program
*Applicants should have 1 academic and 1 professional letter of recommendation*
- International applicants whose native language is not English will need to submit an English proficiency exam such as the TOEFL or IELTS directly to Admissions
- Official Transcript
(for ANY and ALL college credit, from that specific school)
Transcripts mailed directly (or sent electronically via your school) to FSU Admissions at:
Florida State University
Office of Admissions
282 Champions Way
P.O. Box 3062400
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2400
GRE Waiver Now Available
Criteria: The GRE requirement will be waived for outstanding applicants meeting one of the following criteria:
- Five years of professional experience as a practitioner in an international space or with international context, OR
- Successful completion of 6 graduate credit hours from the approved International Affairs class list, with a graduate GPA of 3.50 or higher, OR
- Three years of experience in the Military working in an international space or with international context.
Applicants must provide evidence to satisfy the criteria being applied. Approval of a GRE waiver does not guarantee admission. Prospective students must still apply and meet all other admissions requirements.
Note: Applicants with a competitive GRE score will continue to be able to apply to the program and will not be held to these additional criteria.
To apply for the GRE waiver, please visit the following link: Click here!
We accept applications for the Fall, Spring and Summer semester. International applications must submit 4 months prior to start of term. Fall: July 1 Spring: November 1 Summer: March 1
Please note that all applications are reviewed holistically to determine the applicant’s eligibility. Applicants who do not meet one of these criteria are still eligible to apply and encouraged to address these issues in their statement of purpose. For more information, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, 850-644-4418