Applied Master’s applicants are admitted exclusively for the Fall semester. Students should apply online and upload application materials at the Graduate Admissions website. Paper or emailed applications will not be accepted.
February 1: Completed applications are automatically considered for scholarships, including assistantships, and are notified of qualifying financial assistance.
July 1: Following the February 1st deadline applications will be admitted on a rolling admission basis if space is available.
Minimum University Admissions Requirements
For the most up to date University minimum admissions standards, please visit the Graduate Admissions website.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on all course-work beyond the semester in which you earn your 60th credit hour
- Minimum graduate GPA of 3.4 for any prior graduate work attempted
- One semester of calculus (Calculus I or Business Calculus)
- One semester of statistics
- Substantial background in economics, demonstrated by coursework in intermediate microeconomics, intermediate macroeconomics, analysis of economic data, and econometrics
- For International Students: Minimum TOEFL score of 100 (internet-based test). Minimum IELTS score of 7
- The GRE requirement has been waived through 2026
- Statement of Purpose: The Statement of Purpose should be approximately one page and should describe your interest in pursuing the M.S. in applied economics program and your long-term career goals.
- Letters of Recommendation (2 Required): Preferred recommendations are academic, but professional letters are also accepted. Letters can be dated no more than one year prior to submission. Letters should speak specifically to the applicant’s ability to successfully complete the master’s program and the applicant’s potential. A link will be emailed to the letter writers when you submit your application. The letter writers will upload letters directly to our website.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcript from Previous Universities
- For the purpose of submitting official test scores, FSU’s institution code is 5219. A department number does not need to be specified.
- International students with questions about the visa process should contact the Center for Global Engagement.