Spring 2022 registration opens this week
Good evening students,
Spring 2022 course registration begins this week – please review the registration information below, as well as information on how to speak with an academic advisor during this busy time.
- Suggested and approved course lists and instructions on registering for classes can be found on our website.
- You should register for classes or attempt to build a schedule by placing courses in your shopping cart before speaking with an advisor.
- Open registration is the peak period of advising volume during the semester. Expect limited schedule appointment availability and extended wait times for drop-in advising.
Spring 2022 Registration information
The first registration enrollment windows for Spring 2022 open tomorrow, Monday, October 11. The Registration Guide on the Registrar’s website lists when student’s registration windows open, based on posted, earned credit hours. (Earned hours do not included current enrollment.)
Plan your Spring schedule now
- Course availability for Spring is now open in both Course Search and Schedule Planner. Begin planning your schedule now.
- Place courses in your shopping cart so that they are ready for you to enroll as soon as your registration window opens.
Clear holds on your account
Make sure to clear any holds currently on your account prior to the start of registration. Many holds can be cleared by you, yourself – CLICK ON THE HOLD to read the instructions on how to clear it. Some require action by the student while some give contact information for specific offices.
- “University Academic Progress Check” holds are cleared by the student – instructions are in the hold.
- “Social Science Prog Check Note” is not a hold and does not prevent registration – it indicates that a 90+ hours progress check has been prepared for you to review with an advisor.
Upcoming registration windows this week
Registration opens for the students in the following categories at 8:00 am EDT on each of the days indicated.
- Monday, October 11: Priority registration and students with 110+ hours earned
- Tuesday, October 12: 100+ hours earned
- Wednesday, October 13: 90+ hours earned
- Thursday, October 14: 80+ hours earned
- Friday, October 15: 70+ hours earned
Speaking with an academic advisor during open registration
All COSSPP advising services are accessible through Campus Connect. Our online how-to guide shows step-by-step how to access both scheduled appointments and virtual drop-ins.
When emailing an advisor during peak advising times such as this, please allow at least 2 business days for a response.
- Emailing an advisor repeatedly may delay a response as advisors answer messages in the order they were received, and newer emails may sort a chain to the end of the response queue.
- It is best to email the last advisor with whom you spoke as they are most recently familiar with your academic information. Emailing the same information or requests to multiple advisors may delay a response.
All drop-in availability is virtual, signing in through Campus Connect and meeting with an advisor via Zoom. Drop-ins are available Monday-Friday.
Scheduled appointments are available on a virtual or in-person basis, Monday-Thursday. You must indicate when scheduling your appointment whether you are choosing a virtual (through Zoom) or in-person (in Bellamy 105/106) appointment.
- Note that scheduled appointments are often entirely booked for three weeks in advance during peak advising times such as this.