This following registration windows are opening over the next few days:
- Priority registration: Monday, October 9, 8:00 am EDT
- Senior registration (90+ hours earned): Wednesday, October 11, 8:00 am EDT
Wait times to speak with an advisor will likely be lengthy and advisor capacity is often exceeded.
Please be patient as advisors meet with students in the order that they sign in, as efficiently as possible.
- The focus for advising sessions during October is Spring 2024 class schedules only.
- Requests for items such as dual degree petitions, Degree in Three plans, or prelaw advising will be required to schedule an appointment, if and as they are available.
- If you met with an advisor in the last month to review your requirements, build a schedule off that advising sheet. Schedule checks can wait until peak registration has finished.
- The first two weeks of registration in October have the highest volume advising of the semester.
- If advisor capacity is exceeded, you will be checked out at the end of the advising period and will have to sign in again during a later period.
- All drop-in advising for COSSPP requires signing in through Campus Connect and is conducted virtually through Zoom.
Other Advising Reminders
Review the information below and email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Build a schedule, register, and secure your seats as soon as possible.
- You are not required to meet with an advisor to register for classes – you can always adjust your schedule later after meeting with an advisor.
- You do not have to have a complete schedule to register for classes – register for even one class if you know that it is required or a milestone for you in the next term.
- Use available online tools to build your schedule: access the Academic Requirements Report or previous advising reports in Campus Connect to build a preliminary schedule. The ARR does not always read all major requirements entirely correctly, but it will give you a starting point for reference and good guidance for remaining General Education and Liberal Studies requirements.
- Allow 2-3 business days for an email response from an advisor.
- If you send an email on a Thursday or Friday, do not send a follow-up message over the weekend as advisors do not check email outside of work hours.
- Do not email multiple advisors the same request as it can slow down response time.
- The best way to ensure a timely response is to email email@example.com.