Welcome to the first week of classes the Summer 2023 semester and the A and C sessions drop/add period.
Please review the information below, and if you have any questions, speak with an academic advisor:
- Drop/Add dates and deadlines
- Academic advising during Summer 2023
- Holds preventing registration
- Changing your major
- COSSPP major course lists
- Applying for graduation
- Course drop, withdrawal, and academic reinstatement petitions
Drop/Add Dates and Deadlines
Summer A/C 2023 Drop/Add opens at 12:00 am EDT on Saturday, May 13 and closes at 11:59 pm EDT on Thursday, May 18.
Students who have not registered for at least one (1) credit hour prior to 12:00 am EDT on Monday, May 15, will be charged a $100 late registration fee. Questions about tuition and fees must be addressed to Student Business Services.
Schedules are final, and students are both grade and fee liable for any courses on their schedule after drop/add ends.
If you receive an error message (a red X) when attempting to register, the course may be reserved for students in specific programs. You must contact the academic department that teaches that course with any questions.
Academic advising during Summer 2023
The Summer 2023 semester will have adjusted advising availability, both during the week of drop/add and over the course of the rest of the semester. These adjustments are designed to offer the most flexibility to current students while advisors also participate in new student orientation and other Summer processes.
During the week of May 15-19 (covering Summer A/C drop/add)
All COSSPP advising services will be available via a moderated open Zoom call. Due to time and space constraints, there are no in person drop-ins or scheduled appointments.
- Join at https://fsu.zoom.us/j/91238088906
- Sign in to speak with an advisor from 8:30 am – 11:30 am EST and 1:00-3:30 pm EST each day.
- You must be signed into Zoom through your FSU account to access the call. See the “Authentication issues” section on our Drop/Add information page for assistance.
- There may be an extended wait time before being admitted to the drop/add Zoom call depending on how many students are in line.
During the Summer 2023 semester (outside of Drop/Add week)
Beginning May 22, our regular semester advising services and hours resume through Campus Connect.
Summer advising hours are:
|Mornings 9:00 am -12:30 pm||Afternoons 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm|
|Friday||Drop-ins all day|
Holds Preventing Registration
Click on the hold and read the description to see how it can be lifted. Academic advisors cannot lift holds from other departments/offices on campus.
- The SS Progress Check Ready Note hold does not block registration.
- The University Academic Progress hold is cleared by the student – follow the instructions in the hold details.
- Questions about Mapping holds from the College of Social Sciences & Public Policy should be sent to COSSfirstname.lastname@example.org or you can attend the advising zoom call above.
Changing Your Major
To change your major into the College of Social Sciences & Public Policy (see the list of COSSPP majors) you must meet with a COSSPP academic advisor and be on track for the major. Being on track includes registering for needed courses.
To change to a major in another college, you must speak with an advisor for that program.
COSSPP Major Course Lists
Course lists of majors in our college are found on the course lists page of our website.
Applying for Graduation
The Summer 2023 graduation application is not yet open. It will be available through Student Center May 22-June 2, 2023. Additional information is on the University Registrar’s website.
To apply, you must at minimum be on track to have 120 earned, unduplicated credit hours at the end of the Summer 2023.
Course Drop, Withdrawal, and Academic Reinstatement Petitions
Students seeking retroactive course drops or semester withdrawals must first submit a petition through our online petition form. Note that due to the busy time of semester, all petitions submitted after 12:00 pm EDT (noon) on Tuesday, May 9, will be reviewed in the order they were received beginning on Monday, May 22.
Students who have been academically dismissed and who have been offered the chance to petition for reinstatement must submit their petition form back to this email address. Deadlines for reinstatement are:
- Summer B Session– June 16, 2023 (first day of class: June 26)
Students will not be reinstated to take classes during the Summer A/C terms. Reinstatement petitions will be considered beginning May 22, 2023.
- Fall 2023 – August 21, 2023 (first day of class: August 28)
- Spring 2024 – December 22, 2023 (first day of class: January 8, 2024)