Professor and Chair
Ph.D. University of Bristol 1995
- Geographic information systems
- Remote sensing
- Spatial data analysis
- Urban geography
- Integration of GIS and remote sensing
- Urban information interpretation and morphological analysis using GIS and remote sensing
- GIS measures of ethno-religious segregation in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Myint, S. and Mesev, V. 2012. A comparative analysis of spatial indices and wavelet-based classification. Remote Sensing Letters 3, 141–150.
- Mesev, V., Shirlow, P. and Downs, J. 2009. The geography of conflict and peace resolution in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 99, 89-903.
- Mesev, V. (Ed) 2007. Integration of GIS and Remote Sensing. Wiley: Chichester.
- Mesev, V. 2007. Fusion of point-based postal data with IKONOS imagery. Information Fusion 8, 157-167.
Recent Fellowships & Achievements
- Invited participant on “Geospatial technologies and Homeland Security” symposium and Springer book, 2007.