The Department of Urban & Regional Planning has many ways in which alumni and friends can give back to the unit. These gifts are used to:
- ensure that DURP attracts the best young students into planning;
- provide access to planning education for students from with disadvantaged backgrounds or historically under-represented populations;
- support student professional development activities, such as participation at the APA Florida Conference and the National APA Conference; and
- sponsor graduate student awards and community outreach activities.
DURP General Development Fund: Gifts to this fund help support social events, including our annual end of year Convocation ceremony, community outreach activities, student conference travel, and bring guest speakers to FSU’s campus.
Richard A. Smith and Alumni Scholarship Endowments: The Department has endowments that provide support for graduate students, one created to honor Richard Smith, longtime Chair and key Department builder, and an Alumni Scholarship Fund created by alumni many years ago.
Robert Deyle and Gregory Thompson Endowments: Our newest funds, these endowed scholarship funds were created to honor longtime DURP faculty members Greg Thompson and Bob Deyle who retired in Summer 2012 and 2013, respectively. These funds will be used to support outstanding students in the areas of environmental planning and transportation planning.
How to Make a Gift to the DURP Annual Fund (F04799)
Giving back to DURP is now easier than it’s ever been:
- You can make a donation via credit card using an efficient, secure online site: https://one.fsu.edu/foundation/donate/college/social-sciences-public-pol...
When you visit this site you should be sure to choose the "Dept. of Urban & Regional Planning Annual Fund (F04799)” in the first drop-down box.
- A second option is to download, fill out, and mail in the College’s Gift Form available at: https://one.fsu.edu/foundation/file/print-gift-forms/Foundation.pdf. On this form be sure to check Other and write "Dept. of Urban & Regional Planning" in the gift designation section of the form.
For More Information
If you have any questions about the above Gift Opportunities or have ideas for other fundraising activities, please feel free to contact Jeff Brown by phone at (850) 644-4510 or by email at email@example.com.