Student Leadership Council
The Student Leadership Council serves as the liaison between the student body of the College of Social Sciences and Public Policy and Florida State University. The council is composed of discipline-specific, exemplary social science students who work directly with the dean and college administration to provide a student perspective in deciding and implementing the goals and initiatives of the college.
SLC Town Hall: Monday, January 30, 7-8pm, Globe Room 2500
Interested in getting an internship? Come to the COSSPP Student Leadership Council's first Town Hall gathering on Monday, January 30, and get the info you need to apply. Featuring the college's Career Center liaison Geneva Scott. This is the first of a regular series of events the SLC is planning to get students the information and support they need for academic and professional success.
SLC Town Hall: Monday, February 20, 7-8pm, Globe Room 2500
Meet the college's Interim Dean Tim Chapin and discuss the academic and professional opportunities in the social sciences and public policy.
Check this page for upcoming events and programs, and follow us on Facebook at this link.
2016-2017 Executive Board of the Student Leadership Council:
Chair: Celli Horstman
Vice Chair: Anthony Gonzalez
Secretary: Courtney Reed
Treasurer: Sidney Carter
Parliamentarian: Austin Diaz
Service Chair: Crystal Serrano
Scholarship Chair: McCayla Sica
Leadership Chair: Julyana Dawson
Public Relations Chair: Jack Schwenke
Potential Member Eligibility Requirements:
- The individual demonstrates an interest in the Student Leadership Council and shares the vision and mission of the Council, the Office of the Dean, and the College of Social Sciences and Public Policy.
- The individual has ample time to perform the duties that are associated with his or her respective department.
- The individual must be able to serve one full academic year term prior to graduation.
- The individual has demonstrated scholarship, leadership, and service in the College of Social Sciences and Public Policy or Florida State University.
- The individual has maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for at least one semester prior to application.
SPRING 2017 PROGRAMMING
The Culture Exchange Program
In late March, the Student Leadership Council will be partnering with the Center for Intensive English Studies in the second annual Culture Exchange Program.This two-hour program will allow local FSU students to engage with international students in various activities focusing on identities and understanding. Registration will open in February.
Read an article about the program and its benefits here.
Social Science Research Showcase
The Student Leadership Council will host their first Research Showcase, enabling students to share their research projects from such programs as UROP, RIBC, Social Science Scholars, Honors in the Major, etc. Students will also be able to learn about research opportunities from professors. More information will be made available via social media.